This page contains information on facilities available from the site including methods of navigation and links to sites giving accessibility advice and information on browsing the site with screen reader equipment.
This page is available from every page on the Wrexham Council web site.
- Access Keys
- Browser Accessibility Options
- Listen To Our Website
- Viewing wrexham.gov.uk in Other Languages
The Wrexham County Borough Council Website provides a comprehensive source of information about the Council and it's services, and serves to promote Wrexham as an innovative and interesting area to live, visit and invest in.
Whilst the website has been designed to be as accessible to as many users as possible, the pages have been optimised to be best viewed with your screen resolution set to 1024x768 pixels and using browsers Internet Explorer (version 8 or above), Firefox, Safari or Opera. To get the best from the colour images contained on these pages we recommend you view with a colour depth greater than 256 colours.
The site can be navigated in the following ways:
- Using the content navigation menu to link to the main content sections on the site, such as the Council or Leisure and Tourism
- Using the global site navigation at the beginning of every page: Accessibility:links to this screen Home: links to the Wrexham Council website Homepage Site Map: links to the Site Contents page containing an overview of the website structure and links to content areas Frequently Asked Questions: links to the index of the most frequently asked questions about Wrexham Council Contact Us: links to a contact details page and online feedback forms Languages: links to a page which allows automated translations of this website into other languages A-Z Index provides contact details in alphabetical order for the Council Services you are interested in.
- Some pages also have an extra content menu, to allow users to navigate to main sections or specific topics of interest within the subject area currently being viewed
- You can also access the website using one of our shorter web addresses e.g. www.wrexham.gov.uk/councillor.
Wrexham Council is committed to making its web site as accessible as possible to users with disabilities, including users who may be blind or partially sighted. We also make sure that those users who have reading difficulties are able to use the site.
Wrexham County Borough Council was the first local authority website in the United Kingdom to be awarded the Royal National Institute of the Blind (RNIB)'s 'See It Right' Accessible Website logo.
The design of our website includes a number of accessibility features including:
- advice on browser accessibility options
- a common design throughout rather than providing text only pages for disabled users, and allowing text sizes and colours to be changed to suit the users needs.
- ensuring that all images are given appropriate alternative text descriptions ("ALT texts"), as recommended by the Web accessibility guidelines.
All graphical navigation buttons are similarly ALT-tagged.
- to aid users of text-only and audio browsers we have included a hidden
accessibility feature, which enables the user to "skip over" the main
page navigation buttons (rather then having to tab through them manually
at the start of every page). Thus, the user can jump immediately down
to the main content of the page.
- we strictly avoid the use of frames throughout the main council Web
- this site uses PDF (Adobe Acrobat) file format for the publication of large and complex documents. Please note that Adobe Acrobat documents can be converted back to plain text using Accessible Adobe Reader.
To view and print PDF files, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
We are working to improve the accessibility features of www.wrexham.gov.uk, and welcome your suggestions and comments.