Do I need planning permission and how to apply (Planning Control)
The Council deals with planning proposals for all developments within the County Borough area. It tries to achieve the right balance between encouraging developments which provides homes, jobs and services for the community and protecting the special features of the towns, villages and countryside.
The Planning Service investigates cases of breaches of Planning Control and aim to strike the right balance between the rights of people to enjoy their property with those of their neighbours and the community to have a decent place in which to live.
- Do I Need Planning Permission? (external link)
- Pre Application Advice
- Householder Fast Track Planning Application Service
- My Planning Application
- Make a Planning Application (external link)
- Applying for Listed Building Consent
- Where Can I Get a Map? (external link)
- Guidance Notes, Forms and Fees
- About Planning Control
- Planning Service Customer Charter
- Planning Annual Performance Report 2016-2017
- Data Protection
- Upcoming changes to surface water drainage requirements