Wrexham County Borough
Wrexham has a strong and diverse economy that shows every sign of maintaining the substantial growth that took place throughout the 1990s. The thriving business community consists of everything from small indigenous operations to major multi-nationals and world class companies.
A great many organisations have made substantial investments in the area and the fact that they continue to thrive and maintain their commitment to Wrexham demonstrates that, as a location, it provides a business environment in which they can prosper, flourish and feel confident enough to expand and re-invest. The level of foreign investment is considerable. There are, for example, 19 North American owned companies in Wrexham, which employ, between them, over 3000 people. The first of these moved to the area as long ago as 1922 and is still going from strength to strength.
Wrexham has long had a reputation for being 'Business Friendly' and has much to recommend it as a business location. Any company, large or small, contemplating a move to Wrexham will find, in the Council's Business Development Team, a group of dedicated professionals who will do their very best to offer:
- A comprehensive one-stop source of free information on all matters relating to starting a new operation in the area
- A named contact who will deal with all your queries, organise site tours and meetings when you visit and ensure that you receive practical help, tailored to your specific needs
- Access to a team of experienced and knowledgeable professionals, who will offer you a confidential advisory service, without cost or obligation
- Site and building searches and liaison with local property agents and developers
- Access to local and regional contacts and agencies
- Research and information gathering service
- Liaison with Local Government Departments
- Advice and assistance in identifying and applying for possible sources of funding
- Continued services after your location in Wrexham